Monday, October 6, 2014

8 Moments that Defined Arrow Season 2

WARNING: The following posts contains spoilers

The premiere of season three is upon us and I am very excited. The ending of season two has definitely brought me to the edge of my seat and ever since I watched the ultimate ending, tons of theories and predictions for the show came exploding in my mind.

Now that the third season is three days away, all of my favorite scenes in the last season have come flooding back in my mind and I would like to share these certain moments right here in my blog. Personally, these scenes totally defined Arrow and perhaps DC. These scenes are the reason why this show (and DC) is truly epic and awesome. I know there were a lot great scenes in that show, but the scenes I am going to talk about still linger in my mind. In other words, they created a huge impact to me. And yes, this is my way to keep everyone excited and very well anticipated for the brand new season!

For the nth time, stop asking if she's okay (source)
1.) Laurel's antagonistic moves
Her character pissed most of the viewers off. She tried to be her father and attempted to capture Oliver because she was blaming him for the death of Tommy. Then she thought Tommy's death was her fault and started drinking and acting like a total jerk. But let's focus on how she tried to put The Arrow in jail, shall we? Like I said several posts ago, she's not a completely bad character. She can be a badass anytime she wants, irregardless of how right or wrong the situation is. I guess this was not her season, and just like any other human, she turned to a very dark path for a little while. It happens. Hopefully, Laurel will be back on her feet in season 3. But her antagonistic tendencies proves that she's not to be taken too lightly. 


2.) Dr. Ivo making Oliver choose between Shado and Sara and Slade Wilson repeat of the same dilemma
I had no choice but to merge these two scenes into one because they are not only related to each other, but they are very intense. I'm sure no one wants to go through what Oliver has experienced, especially this one. I guess these scenes show that humans cannot love everyone equally, which is a cold truth. You can divide your love among people, but deciding who gets the bigger piece is a tough choice. 

Deathstroke (source)
3.) Deathstroke randomly killing Sebastian Blood's henchmen
He did not just kill them for any plausible reason. He killed them because he's pissed. And he had to wear his Deathstroke outfit. That's how much of a dangerous badass he is.

Roy Harper (Source)
4.) Roy Harper's bipolar attitude towards Oliver 
Like Laurel, the second season was not Roy's season. He had random fights with Thea, he got punched and arrested a few times, he had the Mirakuru in his system and went on a rampage for a few episodes, then he had to leave Thea but Thea eventually left him...yeah. However, all the things he had to go through had to happen, if he has to be in Team Arrow. But his impatient attitude is so Roy Harper, which I adore. So I give kudos to the writers for making his character spot on! 
5.) The Canary vs. The Huntress
I am so glad that this episode finally happened! The fight between the Birds of Prey was not only sexy, but it was awesome! It was even accurate because Black Canary and Huntress always had a rocky relationship. I wish it was not their last episode together and hopefully next time, the Birds of Prey will finally be complete.

(source)
6.) Moira Queen's death
Never underestimate a mother's love. Never.
7.) Team Arrow and League of Assassins
Come on. It was so cool. Words cannot describe the emotions I had whilst watching this very scene. Nothing beats seeing two (maybe three, including the Suicide Squad, somehow) epic organizations work together.

You are not done fighting. (source)
8.) Felicity's pep talks
This is probably the first time I've seen a comic superhero who does not need a kiss from a very pretty girl to feel energized and encouraged. All it takes for Oliver to move on is Felicity saying that she still believes in him. Heck, that's all he ever needs to hear because almost everyone was looking down on him at this point. So it is good to know that we have the "Bitch with Wifi" who not only threatens and interrogates people using her computer, but also knows what are the right words to say to a man she really cares about. Rejoice, Olicity fans, rejoice!

So what were your favorite scenes in the second season of Arrow?


Related:



No comments :

Post a Comment