Saturday, March 26, 2016

A New Grading System!!!

So there will be a brand new anime review coming up on this blog very soon. However, I feel like there needs to be a change in the way I rate anime that I will watch in the future. Rating them with five or three eggs is not enough to justify how I would critique anime. Since it's a brand new year, I am going to change things up a bit.

From now on, I will not be putting a final numerical grade on everything that I will review. Usually, I just decide if the anime is worth three, four, or five eggs (something like a star-rating), but I realized how unfair that was slowly becoming and how this doesn't give enough depth to my reviews. So I will simply tell you if I personally recommend it or not. Aside from that, I will tell you specifically who I will recommend it to the most. Like for Fate/Zero, I would recommend it to anyone who is into mythology and history, along with lots of blood and gore. Or something like that.


I am going to get rid of the hatching scale for the overall rating, and replace it with the Incubator. Here, I will measure it according to how strongly recommend on something that I review. This will still be based on my criteria (Plot, Characters, Music, Art). I have four new different kinds of ratings set for the incubator. The first type of recommendation would be the Tamago Recommendation. Now this means that I highly recommend a certain anime to everyone, because the anime can be enjoyed by absolutely anyone or it is simply the best. The next will be the Hatched Recommendation. This means that the anime is just all right and it will only appeal to a certain group of people. Finally, when worse comes to worse, I would most likely give an anime a Cracked Recommendation. If this comes out, it means that watching the anime that I butchered would be a waste of time and that there are other anime with the same story elements that are even better. Or that you should read the manga instead. If the anime is cracked, then there is a chance that I will definitely not recommending it a certain audience. Rather, I might pull out some other anime recommendations of my own. Anime that I think would be better to watch than the one I gave a terrible review on. Hopefully that will never happen, though.

Although I am not sure if I should push through with this, but I am going to give a numerical grade to the criteria. So the hatching scale will most likely appear when I give three or two eggs to the story, characters, music, and art. This will not completely sway the overall recommendation rating I will give in the end. It will serve as another way for you guys to look at the anime on a different angle, in case my personal recommendation rating (Tamago, Hatched, Cracked) will not be convincing enough. I hope that made sense. Yet again, I will try to incorporate in the first few reviews to see if it will have any effect or significance at all. If not, then I can always remove it.

That is all I want to tell you. Hopefully, this brand new grading system will be more comprehensible and more fair for more future anime reviews that I will be doing here in this blog. If you think there is something faulty with it, let me know on Disqus below. With that being said, please stay tuned for my brand new anime review coming up. If you had time to lurk on my Twitter account lately, then you probably know what I am going to review next. I can't wait to type it because I have a lot to say about this anime. Till the next post~


No comments :

Post a Comment