Sunday, October 5, 2014

Fangirl Moment! Legend of Korra Book 4


That's right! I had the time to finally watch the first episode of Legend of Korra Book 4. Ok, I have to admit, I became less fond of the series after watching Book 1. Maybe it is because I had really high expectations for the series, since The Last Airbender/ The Legend of Aang was really really good. And watching the second book of Korra's journey, I nearly regretted it but I hung on. 

Thankfully, the plot got right back on its feet. And for the first time in forever, Legend of Korra does not begin a new season with a one-hour special. Why? It has something to do with the ending, obviously. It certainly left a lot of questions.

So the first episode was entitled, "After All These Years". The beginning of the episode shows how much the characters have grown and what have they been up to. Mako is finally a detective, but has to be stuck with the snotty Prince, who is next in line for the Earth Kingdom throne. Asami succeeded in putting the family business back on top (Woohoo! Way to go, gurl!), and Bolin joins the quest of recovering the Earth Kingdom with Kuvira, who is presumed as the villain for the season. But more about her later, let's talk about the episode as a whole. The fact that there are new changes in the setting and characters is really exciting and all, but it pulled a Naruto Shippuden of some sort. Just like the first episode of Naruto Shippuden, the characters are seen older (or at least taller) and they surprisingly have awesome jobs and duties. Nothing wrong about that, I'm just saying that's the vibe I get from the episode as a whole. 

Next we have Kuvira. Man, is she the talk of the town. Ever since she was introduced in Book 3 as a humble soldier who tended to the wounds of Tenzin, we all knew that we have to watch out for her. When she made her appearance in the first episode, the vibe I got from her was the same vibe I got when I saw Captain Shang of Mulan. They somehow resemble each other, as well. Then as the episode progressed, she is nothing like a Captain Shang. Yes, her intention is take back the Earth Kingdom, but her methods are so Alexander the Great, if you know what I mean. If she is going to be the villain for Book 4, then I am intrigued. She might be the first villain who won't need the Avatar in her equation. 

Speaking of the Avatar, the last scene kind of surprised many viewers when Korra is...in a place where she is not supposed to be. In the trailer for Book 4, all I saw was her showing off her new hair. But after watching episode 1...let's say I had no idea Korra would end up in that kind of path. I can't help but feel that I will vomit out a rainbow of feels for her on this book, since she was left vulnerable and weak in the last season. Her reasons for being at "the place that she is currently in" may be connected to that. But I am excited and extremely curious how her development will turn out. Right now, she is basically pulling a Bruce Wayne. The Bruce Wayne who hid, had a weak leg and decided to stay out of action for a year or two. Don't get me wrong, this kind of plot is making me eager and begging for more episodes to come out. As for her new hair...well, I think it looks good on her. I personally prefer her ponytail, but this works. Cutting of hair means a new life, a new chapter for the person. So here are my questions of Korra; why did you leave? what are you doing right now? what kind of new life do you intend to have? Why. Why. WHY. 

Overall, Book 4 looks extremely promising and I cannot wait for more. For me, it is really hard to say if Kuvira will be the main villain for this season because her intentions are reasonable. I guess it is gonna take time for people to understand her unconventional methods. I am even ready for any feels that Korra might try to throw at me, because she still does not look so good. I just have a very good feeling about her character development. Like, she's going to become better and much more awesome than before! Another issue is the unity of Team Avatar; will they remain united now that Bolin is with Kuvira? Finally, will there be more participation from the FIRE NATION? I mean, come on! You guys make the effort to draw General Iroh, had Dante Basco voice him, and for what? For special guest appearances??? Dude, no. Just. NO. Perhaps the reason why I want more Fire Nation characters, is because I want to know more about what happened to Zuko after all these years (hahaha no pun intended), but I also want them to take part because this show is all about Balance (again, no pun intended). And this Book will not be balanced if we do not get enough Fire Nation peeps in this series, you get what I mean?!?!? 


I wish it was the weekend again, so I don't have to suffer any longer!!! I need more episodes~




No comments :

Post a Comment