Friday, October 3, 2014

What to Expect this October!

October is finally here and you know what that means! It's time for Halloween!!!

Well apart from that, we have got a huge line-up of fandom events happening this month! Now what does Tama-chan mean about fandom events? I'm simply talking about the long-awaited premieres and releases of our favorite shows, movies, and books! I'm sure we all know what to expect, but a simple reminder will not hurt anybody, right? So let's get to it!

The majestic poster (source)
Arrow Season 3
A few posts ago, I spazzed over the trailer of the very first episode of Arrow Season 3, which is called the High Speed Chase. And even though I finished the second season of Arrow recently, I am still aching for more episodes! I've been reading a lot of possible theories on what would most likely happen during the third season, and I've received a lot of news on who will be there and who will portray the roles, and just reading about it makes me feel like I need to go to the bathroom (that's the best analogy I can think of, sorry). Now that October is here, I can finally breathe...just a little bit, though. To the fans of Team Arrow, we will be able to see if Ollicity is legit

He will be here in a Flash (source)
Premiere of The Flash
What makes the showing of Arrow Season 3 even more exciting, is the premiere of the Pilot episode of The Flash! We've seen the costume, the trailers, the theories, the cast, now it's time to see the real thing! I am looking forward to Grant's Gustin performance as Barry Allen and I cannot wait for the crossover episodes it will have with Arrow. Flash has been one of my favorite superheroes growing up, so I have really high expectations, as well as very high hopes for this series. I nearly teared up when I heard Flash was going to have his own series. It means that I am close to my ultimate DC dream.

Who will survive? (source)
Rick Riordan's "Blood of Olympus" and "Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard" 
That's right, demigods! The final installment of the Heroes of Olympus is fast approaching. Okay, let me give you guys time to cry, scream, and react violently. For almost a year, internet memes and Riordan's twitter posts about who will survive has definitely left some severe damage to our brains. Now that its release is almost here, I am starting to have second thoughts if finding out the grand finale to this series will be such a good idea. I honestly do not want the reign of Percy Jackson and his Camp Half-Blood friends to end, and I still want more adventure. However, I think Percy would protest against that idea, since he's had enough of near-death experiences already.

Yes, I am actually very sad that the series is about to end. It is like Harry Potter all over again. But Rick Riordan has never failed to make his readers grin. Luckily, Rick has surprised us yet with another demigod-related series, called Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard!!! I believe fans of Thor will be happy to know that Riordan will eventually release his brand new series that revolves around Norse Mythology! I know it's still coming out next year on the same month, but I need to express how overjoyed I am about his announcement. Ever since Rick revealed the title, I started asking myself who Magnus Chase really is. For those who are loyal readers of the past series (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Kane Chronicles, Heroes of Olympus), I am sure that the surname Chase rings a lot of bells. So who is he really? I'm actually too nervous to find out. Right now, I am already thinking of which of the Norse gods or goddesses should claim me. Any suggestions?


The Book of Life
When I first saw the trailer, I didn't feel any excitement or desire to watch the film. But then I noticed that there are a lot of people (particularly my animator friends) who really want to see this film and they are not children, mind you. I have to admit, I do not know what this movie is really about or if it's based on a legendary fairy tale of some sort, but I am suddenly intrigued and I might be willing to give it a shot. I almost felt the same before I watched How to Train Your Dragon, but I ended up loving it with all my heart. So yeah, let's see how this goes.

I know that isn't everything that will happen this month, but let's just say these are the main highlights of this month for me and I will say it again...I am so excited! I have a strong feeling that this will be a great month. So I guess it is time for me to bring out my wallet and remote control and start fangirling all over the place!

Till the next post~






No comments :

Post a Comment