Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Fangirl Moment! The James Dean as Jace!

Facebook
Here ye! Here ye! We have a new Jace, and that means...aww, Jamie Campbell will not be our Jace.

Recently ABC Family announced that Dominic Sherweood shall be our brand new Jace for the Shadowhunter series! And honestly, I know nothing about this guy.

Since I love The Mortal Instruments so much, I took the liberty to do a little bit of research on him. Aside from being the boyfriend of the adorable Sarah Hyland, he was born and raised in Southeast England. And this makes him fit the role of Jace well, since Jace has English blood. But then again, if the series still intends to make all the Shadowhunters sound European, then yes we will get more accents than we bargained for.

I also checked the movies and televisions series he has done, and he's actually the guy in Vampire Academy (You know, the weird emo guy who stays in the library all the time). And he's also the guy who.....

papodeblogueiro.com
Got that James Dean daydream look in his eyes! That's right, folks. Our beloved new Jace is the same two-colored eyed man in Taylor Swift's artsy music video, "Style". And as most Shadowhunter fans know, Jace has golden-like eyes, and he has neither. Looks like you still need contacts, buddy.

And so far, that's all I know about him. Hopefully we will receive more announcements about the upcoming show and hopefully a new casting for Clary Fray. So my question for you is, do you think Dominic Sherwood will do Jace justice? I know it's too soon to tell, but if we got more suggestions or if we still want Jamie back, then it's better to voice out those opinions now while the production is still young. As for me, I'm fine with it as long as they get him to look more like Jace. As for his acting skills, I don't have much worries. He may not have a very credible background on it, but I've seen him done the stoic bad boy archetype before. However, Jace is not exactly stoic, right? So I guess the question I have for him is that if he can pull off the troll, tormented, narcissistic, obsessive-compulsive, pretty boy.

Till the next post~

No comments :

Post a Comment