Friday, March 27, 2015

Writer's Block: About #InMemoryofZaynMalik

Wattpad
It's been only a few days since Zayn Malik announced about his decision to leave One Direction. And it seems pretty official, based on all the viral reactions the media is getting about it.

When it was confirmed, everything went surreal for just a short while. It didn't feel real, nor was it believable. I thought (and I still kinda do) that it was going to be another false rumor and someone is going to announce that it was all just a little misunderstanding and we should all calm down. If not, I assumed that the articles that I saw were just completely satirical. Unfortunately, no one has said anything of the sort and all I see are just more reactions of Directioners and non-Directioners across the globe mourning and making jokes or hashtags about the whole issue, which leads me to the whole point of this post.

To the directioners reading this, don't get me wrong. I am bummed out by the news. I honestly thought Zayn Malik was a very valuable member to the group. Not only does he have really good looks, but he's extremely talented. On top of that, he seems to be a pretty decent guy in spire of all the drug and cheating-on-girlfriend rumors that he gets. For me, it is a total loss for One Direction and I do not know how they're going to cope without him. Also, I am kind of disappointed. Zayn is one of the guys in One Direction who said that they wanted to become singers more than anything, and now he's flaking out or at least grew tired of that dream when he's already at the top of his game. But in the end, I understood why he wanted to settle down. And it is something everyone will have to do, eventually.

I'm not saying (or demanding) that you should let this whole thing go, because it is something that you have to do in your own terms. I just think that this whole, #Inmemoryofzayn, #rememberzayn, #cutforzayn trends are utterly ridiculous. It's like an implication that he's dead or something. And for those participating in such trends, I'm sorry for indirectly bashing your actions. However, I'd like to reassure you that it's not the end of the world.

A good friend of mine recently posted a Facebook status about her opinion on the whole "InZayn"(hehe) issue. She firmly believes that he will have more opportunities in the future (like he could come back or go solo), but what's really important is that he does whatever makes him happy. And I suggest we should all learn to have that kind of mindset. Sure, One Direction will never be the same again, but exaggerating over some issue is way below the belt. Seriously. Believe me, I've learned that the hard way. Making the situation look worse than it is, never really solves anything. And it won't make us great fangirls (or boys), either.

For now, sulk. Cry. Scream. Write bitter songs with Taylor Swift. Do whatever you have to do to ease the pain this news has brought to the entire world. Just don't make it worse than it already is. Just saying.
Till the next post~



No comments :

Post a Comment