Sunday, March 29, 2015

Fangirl Moment! Tekken 7's "Josie Rizal"


Tekken 7 is drawing near!!! Yes, we're going to have new characters for the next game. And to my surprise, one of the new characters is going to be a Filipino Girl! Am I excited for this? Well, honestly...not so much.

www.avoidingthepuddle.com
I mean, it's great that we are going to have another Tekken game. And believe me when I say this, I love this game to death. From the conceptualization to the game features, I find this video game super awesome! And when I found out they were finally going to insert a Filipina character, I got excited. In spite of her physical appearance, I still got thrilled by the idea that there will be a Philippine representation in a very good fighting game. But when I saw the demo, the first thing I noticed (and what everyone among my Facebook friends immediately pointed out) was her voice. She didn't sound Filipino (then again, her name is not exactly Filipino). I get that we Filipinos have adapted the English language, but I just found it really unfair that a lot of Tekken characters get to speak in their native tongue and Josie does not. As for her fighting style, I am impressed by the fact that her kicks, jabs, and grappling look incredibly strong and effective. But I can't seem to distinguish her fighting skills from Asuka. In other words, their fighting styles are almost similar. According to a lot sources, Josie uses Eskrima and Kickboxing. Now that's really something. Eskrima--also known as Arnis or Kali--is the Philippine martial art. As for the kickboxing...I guess they included it because the Philippines is known for its other sport, which is legit boxing??? I don't know. Nonetheless, I am glad that they decided to incorporated Filipino martial arts, and I happen to find Eskrima really cool. I am not sure if the seventh Tekken game will still allow the weapons just like the previous one, but I hope they will because seeing Josie using the Arnis sticks (or blades or knives) would be totally badass. So yes, I am very happy with her fighting style and I cannot wait to use her character once the game is released! But I hope that the demo only showed a teeny tiny bit of Josie, because I really want to hear her speak in Filipino. It would be such a dream come true.

Till the next post~



No comments :

Post a Comment