Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Fangirl Moment! The Mortal Instruments as a TV Show

Yesterday was very tiring...

I studied my butt off for an intense exam the day before, so I lacked sleep. I studied again in the morning, tried my best not to feel tense and all, took the exam, pigged out, then I return home to my laptop and saw this announcement on my Facebook news feed. 

For source of photo, read more about the news here
That's right! The Mortal Instruments is going to be TV show (and hopefully, a series), which is awesome

I logged on to Twitter the other day and saw TMI fans across the globe going crazy over this announcement, bombarding Cassie Clare (the awesome author of the book series) with so many questions (including me) regarding it. 

I guess operation, "Turn The City of Ashes into a film"did not go so well, but hey, I do not know with you guys, but I think moving this to our personal TV screens is a better idea. Why? Here's why: 

1.) The script will most likely go by the book

According to the article I read, Constantin Film and Martin Moszkowicz said that TMI's plot will be further explored compared to that of movies. Let's be honest, a maximum of three hours is definitely not enough to show all the wonders of The City of Bones. Although the movie was very satisfactory for me, I have a good feeling that we will get to see a whole lot more when it turns into a series. Plus, they are most likely going to start the story from scratch, so they can definitely make up for minor inaccuracies shown in the film last year.

2.) Watching the series will feel like reading the book all over again.

I don't know with you guys but that's how I feel whenever I watch a series. Just watching an entire season is like reading the first book. The feels will get even more intense if you hear the words, "tune in next week" (but not for the Shadowhunter readers, because we all know how it officially ends), and you will be craving for more. Sure, series breaks can be very aggravating but they keep you excited about something, which is very effective. And watching an entire season is obviously longer (and better) than watching a film. 

3.) It will be relaunched as "High-end Drama series" 

Yeah...? YEAAAH? :> 

(source)
(source)
source
source
source
Although the casting and network is still not yet official, I have my own opinions and options concerning these. 

In case they do a recasting, I honestly hope that Godfrey Gao (the actor who played Magnus), Kevin Zeger (who played Alec), and Lena Headey (who played Jocelyn--and yes, Cersei Lannister) to stay in the series. The rest can just go. Also they need to put Raphael in The City of Bones this time, he is not some insignificant character that you can just flick away. So let's hope the writers can put him in. Apart from that, I cannot say who I want specifically to play the rest of the characters because my expectations are just way too high. I'd love to describe how my ideal Izzy, Simon, Jordan, or whoever would be like but it would take an entire novel. Don't get me wrong, I appreciated Lily Collins, Jamie Bower, and the rest of the bunch. In fact, I think they did a great job, really. But at the end of the day, I am not so sure if they were the right fit for their roles. If they do intend to return then that's fine. But I still think a recast is a better idea. 

As for the network, I honestly want CW or HBO to take on the series. Yes, I choose them because my favorites series come from these networks and it would be really great to know that TMI will be featured in any of them. Just imagine it getting an Emmy Award for whatever. That would be give TMI fans across the globe a whole bowl of ecstasy. 

And yes, as a hardcore fan of the Shadowhunter series, I want The Infernal Devices to become a spin-off series. If you think about it, it would be really cool. Furthermore, it is my favorite Shadowhunter Series so far. But I still think they will have a hard time looking for the right Will Herondale. It simply can't be done. Even the ducks will agree with me. As for The Dark Artifices and The Last Hours, it is really hard to say because for one thing... Lady Midnight and Chain of Thorns are not even out yet (No kidding, Tama). I do imagine The Bane Chronicles being a mini-series, though. 

So yes, I am very excited about this whole thing. It makes me want to reread all the books of TMI. Hopefully this will push through and that the series won't flop. Go shadowhunters! 

Till the next post~



Read the original article here
Check out Cassandra Clare's website here 
Also check out her Tumblr 


No comments :

Post a Comment