Wednesday, June 4, 2014

#ThrowbackThursday…Sort of


For some odd reason, posting old memories online every Thursday has become a trendy thing nowadays. It still makes me wonder why people prefer the word, "throwback" out of all the words that have anything to do with your past. Is it because it starts with the letter T just like Thursday? Perhaps maybe that's why there are other popular hashtags such as, "#FlashbackFriday", "#WaybackWednesday", or "#MemorylaneMonday". 

Okay, I am moving away from my point. 

I actually like posting old photos, but I want my #ThrowbackThursday to be entirely different. Today, I came across a lot of vintage toys that I haven't seen in a long time. Even the bed sheet featured in this post is very old. So let's get started! 

1.) Nintendo DS Lite


I have been quite the gamer girl during my pre-teen days. I started with an Xbox, then moved to the Gameboy SP. I remembered that the reason why I wanted the Nintendo DS Lite so bad is because I wanted to try out Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Yes. Only for that very reason. Well, apart from that, I enjoyed playing with Nintendogs. And in case you're wondering, it is not really a Hello Kitty-themed DS lite. If you look closely, it is just a case. 

2. Pikachu Vibrating Keychain

I honestly do not remember where and how I got this. Pokemon has played a major part in my childhood, and Pikachu has been one of my first favorites alongside Jigglypuff and Vileplume (right now, I am currently loving Eevee--such an adorable little thing!). What's very interesting about this keychain is that…it vibrates. Like, seriously. There is a pull string at the bottom (I am not sure how you should call that area), and when you pull it… it freakin' vibrates. I don't know why, but I find it really cool.

3.) This M&M Game


This was also a toy I got when I was very young, so I don't remember where I got this. I also think that I didn't get to play with it much. So I have no idea what kind games this thing has. One thing's for sure, it has something to do with M&M's. Yuuum. 

4.) Anastasia's Music Box/Jewelry Box


I am a huge fan of classic cartoons and Anastasia has been one of my favorites. I remember buying this  when I was in America a very long time ago. It's actually big, compared to the one in the movie, and it is a jewelry box. And yes, it plays the song, "Once Upon a December". 

5.) Stuffed Toys

Had to include Pikachu in the photo. Hahaha! 
Surprisingly, my Cabbage Patch doll is still alive. I've always been amazed by her hair. Not sure why they are called Cabbage Patch Kids, in the first place. What's so cabbage-y about them, anyway? The one on Cabbage's lap is a black cat. It's not just any black cat, by the way. Not sure how to describe it, but it has an elongated body and a zipper on its back. It was meant to be a pouch, but I treated it as a stuffed animal when I was a kid because I dreamt of having a pet (and it came true!). Now I use it as a pencil case for school, believe it or not. 

And there you have it! My 5-in-1 #ThrowbackThursday post! Perhaps you have any old toys that you would like to post for your upcoming Throwback? 


Photo editing done at www.canva.com 

No comments :

Post a Comment