Friday, December 5, 2014

Fangirl Moment! THE FLASH AND ARROW EPIC CROSSOVER PART 1

ap.ign.com
I am probably too late to express my opinions on the most epic crossover of all time, but I'm gonna say it anyway.

IT WAS AWESOME!

But let us take this one step at a time. Of course, let's begin with Round 1, The Flash vs. Arrow

Now both episodes involve a whole lot of teamwork and before watching the first part, the fact that they're going to team up against their baddies made me so excited (as usual). And most of the trailers was purely dominated by the crossover episode of The Flash. Articles even revealed the synopsis of the show ahead of time. Anyway, in this episode we see these two heroes go up against Rainbow Raider (a.k.a. Nyan Cat), who is a metahuman that has the ability to manipulate negative emotions and uses this skill to rob banks. I know, it sounds like every typical comic book story but there's more! So allow me to share what I loved in the first half.

screenrant.com
1.) The Superiority The tension between Flash and Arrow starts when Barry questions Oliver Queen during training. By this time, Rainbow Raider has already injected the feeling of anger into Barry's veins. However we see the question of superiority here; basically we start to wonder who is better than who. Up till now, I can't seem to answer that question. Barry has the superpowers that I would love to have, however he does not have the level of experience that Oliver has. Oliver, on the other hand, has the experience and the conviction, skills, and maybe the supplies come along with that. Although he seems to have everything (except Felicity), can he really defeat a Speedster with just trick arrows? 

2.) Iris Fangirling I don't know why but I found this incredibly adorable.

www.hollywoodreporter.com
3.) Eddie as the Quentin Lance of The Flash In the first season of Arrow, we had to deal with Detective (now Captain, excuse me) Lance chasing the Arrow and trying to stop him. I thought there won't be such a thing in The Flash, until Eddie Thawne expressed his uneasiness about the Scarlet Speedster. It's either because the writers cannot think of anything else better for him to do or perhaps this event will lead to a much more important element of the series in the nearby future (I can hear people yelling he's Professor Zoom from a distance). I'm not a huge fan of Eddie, but I appreciate the fact that he's slowly having substance. And if the writers has surprised me enough during the first two seasons of Arrow, then they can certainly whip up a huge surprise for Eddie Thawne. Plus, he has the same surname as Malcolm Thawne, who happens to be the twin brother of Barry in the comics, and Eobard Thawne, who is also known as.... gasp!

4.) Iris giving up on the Flash Okay, maybe a lot of you did not like Iris in this episode, but I did. For me, I think it is best for her to lay off for a while, because she is slowly turning into a Lois Lane clone (not that I have anything against the love interest of Superman, but come on...I want something new). I consider this as another way for her to be drawn to the Flash. Yes, her reasons for not forgiving the Flash may not be that justifiable but as much as we all hate to admit it, she genuinely loves Eddie at the moment. And I am sure if you have a hot boyfriend that you love right now, you would not be too happy if he gets beaten up by someone "you don't know" (I mean, Iris somehow knows The Flash, she just does not know it is Barry).

5.) Team Arrow's goodbye to Team Flash I don't know why, but seeing them all together gave me chills. Just imagine me as an excited Cisco. His dopey smile has been my expression throughout the entire episode. Also, I find it amusing that Joe can still get along with someone like Ollie. And this is Ollie we're talking about, he's not so lucky with cops to begin with. And I found Oliver very endearing when he told Barry that he can talk to him about anything. Also this is a sign that this will not be the last time that they will be doing this.

www.reddit.com
6.) Diggle's Reaction to Barry His face was super priceless. Words cannot describe with how amused I am with Diggle in this episode.

Okay, now lemme tell you what I did not like about this episode

www.eonline.com
1.) Iris giving up on the Flash I liked at the same time disliked this part. What made this scene a bit off for me was the fact that she did not really hear what Barry had to say. Although there is the possibility that she does not have enough knowledge about the extent of Metahuman powers, it still does not change the fact that her reasons were not so reasonable. Also, this is another rip-off scene for me. I mean, if you are a Speedster viewer who has also seen Arrow, then maybe Iris finally seeing The Flash as someone dangerous is somehow familiar to you. To help you refresh your memory a bit, this starts with an L and she's one of the most hated characters in Arrow. That's right...this is almost like the scene in the first season of Arrow, where Laurel Lance (who is the primary love interest of Oliver Queen) saw The Arrow kill for the first time. This made Laurel look at Arrow (and eventually Oliver) in a completely different and terrified way. 

www.scifinow.co.uk
2.) The Flash vs. Arrow Sorry! I was sort of disappointed with this scene. The fight felt like a round of Injustice: Gods Among Us minus the part where Joe and Dr. Wells come in with the van. The fight between Arrow and Flash was somehow personal, since Rainbow Raider can somehow release your inner anger and in this case Barry seemed to be expressing all the anger he's been trying to keep for so long. But I think it lacked the extreme factor that I was looking for. Although watching the teams take sides was funny, I wished the fight had a little bit more thrill. Heck, their training seemed more exciting than this.

3.) Dr. Wells Knowing Everything Ooooh! He knows the Arrow's real identity, woooh!!! What else is new?

firestormfan.com
4.) The Appearance of Ronnie/Firestorm Thanks to Robbie Amell's posts about him being Firestorm, I am not that surprised anymore. But I can't wait for him to make an official appearance in the show, though.

And that is all I have for the first part of this epic crossover! I will post about Arrow tomorrow, and let's see if there is such thing as a "better" episode (and who really won in this Flash vs. Arrow crossover). Till the next post~


No comments :

Post a Comment