Saturday, August 23, 2014

Let's Review! Happy Skin's Shut Up and Kiss Me

Being a newbie in the world of make-up...

Last summer was the first time I came across the wonders of cosmetics. I eventually understood why people love it so much. It's art, it makes you look good (nothing wrong about that), and applying it is just as fun. My ultimate favorite though are lip products. Be it lip balm, lipsticks, or glosses. I just love applying any of them on my lips. When I went make-up shopping with my mom one day, we came across this brand called Happy Skin Cosmetics. They were selling their Summer Collection for the year and we fell in love with the line of lippies they offer! 


Mom bought so many lippies and we decided to split them. In my case, I got these shades and they are simply gorgeous.



First Impression
It's kind of like a lip balm, lip gloss and lipstick combined (or at least that's what the description says), and it is in the form of a lip crayon. This is actually the very first lip product I got, that has this kind of appearance. Also, the packaging is adorable, simple and very colorful (unfortunately, I was not able to take a photo of it, but click here to take a look at their gorgeous packaging). Since it was the Summer Collection, it was slightly different from the usual products they offered. But yeah, I thought the products will help me look awesome and fresh throughout the day! 

The Reveal
When I first heard of Happy Skin, I immediately thought of a line of cosmetics that not only makes you look pretty, but it helps in moisturizing and making your face look healthy, as well. And when I read more about their products, my assumption was correct! For this product, it is not just a lippie, it is a moisturizing lippie. Meaning, it contains a formula that will make your lips look matte. But in reality, it will leave them completely refreshed, just like a lip balm. It's my first time to try such a product and I'm very pleased with the results. I tend to have really dry lips. I could not afford to use any severely matte lipsticks because they make my lips brittle and very dry. But thanks to these babies, I can wear bold colors without having to worry about looking like a girl who hasn't drank a glass of water in days. Apart from that, it can also act like a lip pencil (for me); so applying it is not too difficult. Not too sticky and not too dry...just right! As for retouch issues, never have I once had to do something like that, because the color would last for hours and hours. Yes, it's that pigmented! Getting it off your lips is the trick! Hahaha! 

The Downside
Again, I was kind of disappointed with the packaging... particularly, with the tube of the actual lippie. As you can see, the one with the pink tube looked like it was more used to the point that the designs slowly faded. I know it's not the most important part of the entire product itself, but what makes a product great for me is the physical appearance. Other than that, it does not really have the shine of a lip gloss, which is fine. And again, maybe you might have a hard time getting the color off your lips. The color tends to stick to your lips even after you remove your make-up, especially if you get really bold colors. 



So here are the colors that are currently in my possession. The first one is called Sunset Kiss, and they say it gives off a coral color. But for me, it looks more of a red orange color. Sometimes I can't tell if it's red or orange. Hahaha! This is actually the first time for me to try out such a shade and I like it so far. But I only use it when the occasion is really fancy or something. The next color is called Summer Crush. It's a pink shade, but it looks very magenta (not sure if I got the shade right. Sorry, not a color expert!). Again, this is another bold color for me, but this is what I would usually wear whenever I go on a night outing or to Church. 

My rating scale!!! 
Overall
I don't know how many times I said I love the product, because I will say it again. I LOVE THE PRODUCT. It's not too troublesome to have, it's long-lasting, and it's basically my answered prayer. Hopefully I will be able to buy more products from Happy Skin very soon. For this product I give it four eggs! It's a soft-boiled! :3 


For more info, visit their website.
Hatching Scale and Tamago Pictures designed here

See you soon! 

No comments :

Post a Comment