Friday, June 19, 2015

The Egg Tray: Jurassic World, Sense8, and More!


And we are back with another egg tray, where i show my current favorites. So let's get a move on!

jurassicpark.wikia.com
Of course, one of the most anticipated films of 2015 is on this list. Jurassic World was definitely a must-watch for me because Jurassic Park is part of my childhood. Plus, Chris Pratt is in this movie, so how can I not watch it? My verdict is yes, it's a good film. I have to admit, it got very interesting the moment the dinosaurs came in, especially the raptors (they're so adorable). The dialogue maybe needed a little work for me, but that didn't stop me from enjoying. If you haven't seen it, give it a try. It may not be too thrilling, but it will give you the good vibes.

psarips.com
My next favorite is a recent series. It is called Sense8 and it was highly recommended by my friend because.... the Wachowskis made this. Sure, Jupiter Ascending may have been a descending to the majority, but it doesn't mean that the talents of the Wachowski Brothers have been diminished. I just started on the first episode and as far as I understood, it is about 8 people from around the world, who have this unexplained connection with each other. They are all able to sense each other, but this has yet to be explained in the show. So far, it's intriguing. The cast is so diverse and foreign, because they are not a bunch of white people attempting to be foreign. Plus, what I like about this series is that I get to experience the character and their culture at the same time. For example, we have Nomi, who is a lesbian fighting for the equality of the LGBT community in the United States. I was able to see the reality of the LGBT and what they are doing just to achieve gender equality. So yeah, I will most likely continue this series.

japanphilly.org
I was able to watch another anime show and it is called Steins;Gate. Since I've been a major fan of The Flash and the Insignia Series, I just had this sudden desire of more Science Fiction. Plus, I wanted to watch another anime to get over Akame Ga Kill, and this was the solution to all my problems. Basically, the anime focuses on Okabe Rintarou, as self-proclaimed mad scientist who aspires to change the world through science and technology. But he is particularly interested in Time Travel, and he and his friends managed to create their own Time Machine, which is in the form of a microwave. Unfortunately, this caused a major change in the timeline, created a whole new world line from there. I guess explaining the whole thing will reveal spoilers, but this anime has a very good build-up and the concept of Time Travel here is very unique. Plus, the characters are really good, even the minor characters are well-written. Also this story takes place in Akihabara, which is one of the "techie" and "moe" places in Japan. I'm not sure if I will be able to make a review of this, since I have a lot in mind, but all I can say is that I also recommend this show.

ocremix.org
I was able to play a game, and it is called Pokemon: Sapphire Version. I know, it is a pretty old game but I miss playing Pokemon and I don't really have the latest model of the Nintendo DS. I really love the pokemon in Hoenn, all of them have been my favorite since I was a kid. My starter pokemon was Torchic. I only have four in my party so far and they are Flygon, Blaziken, Aggron, and Gardevoir. I'm about to get my eighth badge and hopefully defeating the Elite Four wouldn't be too difficult.

So that's all in my egg tray! Till the next post~


No comments :

Post a Comment