Monday, June 1, 2015

The Egg Tray: Akame Ga Kill and Catalyst


We are back with another segment of The Egg Tray, were I simply fangirl over my current favorites for no good reason at all! Unfortunately, I had a busy month so I didn't really have enough time to appreciate anything. Luckily I didn't just grasp on straws.

www.goodreads.com

Recently, I just finished the last book of the Insignia series, which is Catalyst by S.J. Kincaid. I have to say, it is officially my favorite of the three. It may not have the greatest action-packed ultimatum that I usually crave for in novels like this, but it is filled with emotions that needed severe closure, and reading page after page grew so dark that I thought things would never get better. Luckily, it did and I ended up very satisfied with the ending. What really mattered most in this book was how each character matured. Tom's realization in the end, was one of the greatest things I've ever read next to the reveal of who the catalyst really was. I don't really want to spoil much, but all I can say is that the Spire went under new management and that the world was too focused on the war to the point they had no idea that a plot of world domination was happening underneath their noses. Tom learns of this but let's say he had a lot at risk before he could even bother stopping the bad guy from doing his bad deeds. There. That's all I'm gonna say.

nerdology101.com
Guess what! I've picked up a new anime and it is called Akame Ga Kill. I just started the show, so all I know is that its about a young country boy named Tatsumi who aspires to save his village from heavy taxation and other forms of suffering. He thought that making it big in the Imperial Capital, the center of the universe in this setting, would save his village. But then he learns how corrupt the place was. That's when he encounters Night Raid, a group of wanted assassins whose only purpose is to eradicate the corruption swarming the Imperial Capital. He joins this cause and hopes to wipe out the evil and help his country. The action scenes are great and the characters are very interesting, especially Akame, the girl that the anime is named after. So far, I'm in the beginning stages of this show and I can't wait to see more of it.

And that's it! Sorry if it is too short but I will make up for it! Till the next post~


2 comments :

  1. I totally agree that Catalyst is the best in the Insignia trilogy, basically for all the reasons that you listed! (btw I just found your blog from the post and I really like it :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thank you so much for the compliment! I'm very glad that I read this series. I've never felt so much enthusiasm for a series in such a long time! I think this series needs a bit more uplifting and deserves an official fandom, don't you think? :)

      Delete