Monday, May 4, 2015

Let's Review! The Sucide Squad Breakdown

Ok I need a separate post on discussing the physical attributes of Task Force X because my fan girl phase completely clouded my judgment. It happens guys, so please do not judge me. 

Anyway, first we totally loved Jared Leto for giving us a peak on not only his Joker cosplays but also his excitement on the project. And that is something I appreciate when it comes to actors and people. Passion. But I kinda promised myself I would do a much more comprehensive analysis on what they look like in this group shot, so here we go.

The Suicide Squad is here! For part 1, click here
As a group: Totally badass! And this is not a biased opinion. I think this is the perfect definition of #squadgoals since the Avengers. I mean look at them! They look like they're going to be part of a video game release instead of a movie adaptation. The effects of the photo is amazing and I just love how the highlights just land on the right spots making them completely intimidating, dark, and creepy. The "Welcome to Belle Reve" Sign makes it all the more better.

Ok now it is time to get to the members! So let's go Beyonce and go to the left! (warning: I may sound biased whilst critiquing what they look like).

Slipknot by Adam Beach: To be perfectly honest, I don't know who the heck Slipknot is and I feel bad. Turns out hes a very old DC characters and hasn't been used since the 80s. I'd love to research about him, but I think it's best if I just make it a surprise so I can learn to embrace his character more. Now for his looks, he seems to look "Rambo-ish" to me. But then most of the male characters here look like they're joining the Expendables instead of A.R.G.U.S. But I just love how his armor looks completely different from the rest. The others have state-of-the-art armor plates covering their bodies or badass jackets, but this guy keeps it simple and looks like he's ready to go into some tropical forest. Although it's my least favorite, I am still dying to know what he can do for the team.

Captain Boomerang by Jai Courtney: I have to say...wow. Jai. This. This is how I pictured Captain Boomerang and this is how I will always remember him. If you guys have seen Assault on Arkham, this is it. The accuracy of his costume is so accurate, it makes me cry. It's even better than the Arrow one, surprisingly. And the way he shows off that coat...that is so Boomerang! He seems bulkier than most of the adaptations I've seen, but I guess that is fine.

Enchantress by Cara Delevingne: Ok, I am one of those people who is skeptical about Cara becoming an actress. And I still am, because I have not seen her act before (if you have, please let me know what kind of acting excursions she's been into in the comments). But since were just critiquing the costumes, this is an A+. I kinda expected them to use the usual costume, but this rendition is great. Now I think very differently of Enchantress because from a green siren, she became a swamp disaster! What's interesting is that she's blending into the photo and she's not really trying to stand out that much, which may say something about what her character is going to be like in this movie. And Enchantress is supposed to look attractive, like a queen-elf-in-a-magic-RP kind of attractive, but I think this is better. So that way, I won't have to confuse her with Poison Ivy that much.

Katana by Karen Fukuhara: See CW? This is how you do a character adaptation! This costume is very simple and beyond from what I expected. I mean, the samurai get-up is almost stripped away and it was replaced with a much modern look. She now looks more like a regular assassin and her mask looks like it is completely hugging her face, unlike any regular kabuki mask. And those strands of her sweeping over her face...wow. It may be a tiny detail to you, but I think it makes everything better.

Rick Flagg by Joel Kinnaman: Oh, Rick. Is it me or are two girls clinging to you. As most of you know, Rick Flagg is the leader of this joint, and it seems like he's also going to be quite the ladiesman. He has the sort of reputation written all over his face and body language (not to mention, he's hot). And it's not everyday I usually see someone hugging a gun like he does. Apart from that, his costume is cool. There's nothing really much to say, aside from the fact that all of the girls are very near him and looking all superior.

Harley Quinn by Margot Robbie: Another favorite of mine! This shows a whole new side to Harley Quinn. I love the highlights on her blonde hair, and how skimpy her outfit looks. She looks like the life of the party in the bars of Trueblood, only she isn't a vampire. Aside from the Enchantress, she also has amazing makeup. It's not too much, but it's enough to make anyone--and I mean anyone--swoon. I love how they managed to mix sexy and spunk into her outfit (and a hint of blue, amazing), because it has been a while since I encountered a movie character with that kind of mix. I can now sense cosplayers now wanting to do this version of Harley Quinn. Also, where can I get those shoes.

Deadshot by Will Smith: Whoa. Will Smith does not look like Will Smith. I totally respect him as an actor, so the moment I saw him as Deadshot, and the mask??? Wow. Now I can't wait to see him play one of the best DC characters. However, it does remind me of Arrow's Deathstroke costume just a wee bit, but then all my attention went to Will's head. I don't know with you guys, but the shaved head is an absolute plus for me. Also, I wish he can show off the Suicide Squad on the red carpet, the way he did with his family.

imgur.com
eonline.com
Killer Croc by Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje: YEEES! If I can't have King Shark in this movie, then Killer Croc is more than enough for me! I love how morphed and gruesome his face looks! I mean look at it! He suddenly made The Thing from Fantastic Four or even King Shark himself look like adorable little bunnies! But for some odd reason, he reminds me of an average zombie that you would normally see in the Walking Dead, only he just had a mud facial. So yeah, I wished he was a little bit bigger because that's one of his notable traits. I don't know what's up with this team and jackets, though. But his body language to El Diablo seems like they're pretty much jacket buddies.

El Diablo by Jay Hernandez: Again...another character that I do not know. Gosh, I feel so bad. But he looks very similar to Killer Croc. Perhaps that's why they seem so close in the squad shot. Apart from that, he looks too casual. Maybe he's still the underdog of the team, even though he's been part of Task Force X for a very long time??? I don't know. Hopefully, his character in the movie will be killer awesome to compensate for the simplicity in his outfit.

Call me biased, but so far it looks great. I can't wait for more teasers and hopefully, a trailer where we get to see each character in action. Also, I wish that everyone gets even screen time in the movie, where we each get to know a bit of depth from each character. Now I did not really expect them to be a lot of them. It would be kinda annoying if we saw mostly Deadshot and Harley Quinn in action when there is still Katana and El Diablo to think about. That's all I'm hoping for in the upcoming film. Also this needs to have a great PR, like a teaser that shows a profile of each member. That would be epic. Sorry, I'm just really excited about this.

Till the next post~ Yahtzee!




No comments :

Post a Comment