Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Egg Tray: Adult Wednesday Addams, Love Rosie, and More!



Today I'd like to do something new. I'd like to share my current favorite shows, movies, anime, music and books on my blog every once in a while. It is kinda like one of those monthly favorite things beauty bloggers and Youtubers do, only I will not do it monthly because I get too excited about something that I have to share it right away. If I had to wait till the end of the month, I might just end up forgetting about it, you know what I mean? Anyway just like "Let's Review" and "Fangirl Moment", I shall call this segment, "The Egg Tray" meaning to say I shall show what's new and what I am now loving in my egg tray (that sounds kinda wrong). So let's get to it!

www.jonathanblack.com
The Tale of Princess Kaguya
I did a quick review about this on my previous blog post, so I think I've already established how much I love this film. It is very simple, yet it is so full of meaning, color, and life.

asi.cpp.edu
Anna Akana's Short Films
Lately, I have been into short films and I could see a lot of these on Youtube. And one of my favorite short films are the ones created and directed by Anna Akana. I think you can tell that I not only love films of quality, but also films that can deliver messages. Her craft is a mixture of horror, thriller, comedy, Gothic, and abstract. If that's not what you wanted to aim for in your short films, Anna, then I am so sorry for misinterpreting you because really I love you and your work. Never stop. Your films are fantastic.


This here is my favorite short film of Anna's entitled, "Emergency Call". It's totally sick, so you gotta at least check this out! You can learn more about her on her channel.

cinedelphia.com
Love Rosie OST
I am going to be honest; I was sort of disappointed with this film. I am not saying I hated it but I guess this is what I get for setting up high expectations for a movie featuring the beautiful Lily Collins and a story written by Cecelia Ahern. No worries, the only part I did not like about Love Rosie was the plot, surprisingly. The actors and actresses were superb in their roles, in my opinion. However, it's not the movie I adore, it's the music. The original soundtrack features songs by Kate Nash, Lily Allen, Elliot Smith, and many more. The music for this film is just so great that I had to listen to the original soundtrack. For me, the music is so relaxing that I tend to listen to the songs at night before I go to sleep. Yes, I have a mix for making myself sleepy and this soundtrack is one of them.

sjkincaid.com
Insignia by S.J. Kincaid
This is a book I am currently reading. It's actually a trilogy and this is just the first book. So far the story is about a young boy who lives the hard (but futuristic) life. He moves homes with his dad, constantly becomes absent for school, and he dreads the possibility that he would not be able to do anything important with his life because all he's good at is just play video games. Until one day, some general sees his potential in some sort of army for the youth and his story begins there. I guess what intrigued me was the main character himself because I have never encountered a character who wanted to do something important with his life that badly. So I am very interested to know on what happens next. 

www.dailydot.com
Adult Wednesday Addams
Again, I actually heard of this mini series in Youtube before, since I've been a loyal subscriber to Anna Akana since last year. I only got to watch it now because my friends recently started to watch the episodes as well and they highly recommended me to check it out. And so I did, and I instantly fell in love with it. It's basically parody-kind of series that centers around Wednesday--the only girl in the Addams Family--and her life as an independent adult. Melissa Hunter is such a great actress/director/writer and I think she portrayed the Adult Wednesday Addams very well. It also made me miss watching The Addams Family (and its been one of my favorite shows growing up). Currently the show has two seasons in, and I hope that they are able to produce more episodes because it is so good.

fanpop
Kimi ni Todoke
I've been wanting to see this anime for a long time, but I have not gotten the chance to do so because I was either too busy with other fandoms or I was just too busy. It's a simple Shoujo Story about a boy and a girl and eventually, they started to like each other but it took them a while to finally confess. When I heard of the plot, I thought it was too simple for it to be an anime (and it's two seasons long???). My friends also recommended me to see this anime because of the chemistry between the characters, as well as the comedy. It's the most recent show that I am watching (as well the most recent anime since Kill La Kill), and so far I love the art and the music. I also find the main girl absolutely adorable. I still don't know how the story will unfold since the main plot is very simple (even more simple than the story of Princess Kaguya), but I will see how this goes.

So that is it for my current favorites in my egg tray. Till the next post~



No comments :

Post a Comment