Tuesday, January 13, 2015

14 Characters I Loved in 2014

Let us reminisce about 2014 some more! Last year, I met characters that I ended up loving and there were also other characters that I managed to warm up to. So let's see who they are! 

Pinterest
1.) Sara Lance (Arrow)
Seriously. Why kill off an amazing character? Why, CW. WHY.

Tumblr
2.) Nico Di Angelo (Heroes of Olympus/Percy Jackson & the Olympians)
I did not notice him that much in the PJO series, simply because he was such a naive little boy. But he changed dramatically in Heroes of Olympus, and I could not help but feel very sorry for him. Then Blood of Olympus came and I began rooting for him. His development was very drastic compared to most of the characters in the series, in my opinion. It's probably the reason why I was so drawn to him. And he turned out pretty good. In the end, I became really proud of him. He deserves my greatest hugs.

comicvine.com
3.) Cisco (The Flash)
For some odd reason, he is my favorite character in the series. Don't get me wrong, Barry is great but Cisco is just so adorable! I've mentioned this before, but he is my spirit animal. His reaction to awesome stuff, is how I react to awesome stuff. Awesome. 

Pinterest
4.) Piper Mclean (Heroes of Olympus)
She may not have been the most impressive character in the series, but Riordan has managed to redeem her and it turned out pretty great. She taught me that it's not bad to use your heart in making decisions. Sometimes, logic does not work in certain situations and you just have to stick to your feelings or instincts. Use both your heart and brain, basically.

5.) Reyna (Heroes of Olympus)
I am honestly glad that she had a POV in the last book. I loved her character since The Son of Neptune and I wanted to get to know her more ever since. And I am glad that she is not just a plain badass, she's also...a girl. I was honestly touched when she moved to Nico and gave him a hug. That was one of my favorite parts in the book.

Wordpress
6.) Clary Fray (The Mortal Instruments)
Just like Piper, Clare managed to redeem her character. It actually happened since the City of Lost Souls. Right now, I do not find her too annoying. Not only can she fight, but she can be more diplomatic and she is slightly more stable...emotionally. 

Reddit
7.) Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill)
I knew she was not a bad guy. I just knew it! I don't know if anti-hero is the right word to describe her, but let's just say she became a hero in her own way. She had an insane goal, but she managed to focus on that goal. No matter how risky all her moves were, she just did it. And she's also not afraid to play dirty when she has to. 

Heroisx.com
8.) Naruto (Naruto)
As you all know, Naruto ended last year. The only one who left a lasting impression to me was none other than, our beloved orange ninja. I'm just so proud of him, because he has managed to accomplish all of his dreams and goals in life. He managed to make peace with Sasuke, he became Hokage, and he married a beautiful girl with cups larger than an A. Plus, he matured. Good job, Naruto!

blogger
9.) Mikasa Ackerman (Shingeki No Kyojin)
One of my amazing girl crushes. Not only is she just so loving and purely awesome...she has abs. Beautiful Ackerman abs.

10.) Armin Arlert (Shingeki No Kyojin)
He's not one of those wimpy characters who stay wimpy till the end. He's realistic in a way, that he abruptly tries to change himself, but ends up failing miserably. All throughout the first season, I see how he eventually sees his friends as inspiration and attempts to become a stronger and better individual. It amazes me how he nearly failed to see his ultimate strength, which was his brilliant mind. Now that's a very realistic and human trait.

Twitter
11.) Hiro (Big Hero 6)
As much as Baymax, Gogo, and the other characters were awesome (trust me, all of the characters are cool), Hiro still left a lasting impression. Heck, he's my favorite character. He's an interesting balance of a pre-teen. On one hand, he's a very passionate and brilliant robotics nerd. On another, he's a sensitive little boy. Not only that, this kid gave me so much feels in less than three hours.

12.) Tadashi (Big Hero 6)
Do I really have to describe why I love him?

Fanpop
13.) Asami (Legend of Korra)
Asami is what you would call...the ideal best friend (or girlfriend). I just love how mature she was in most situations. Even if she was on her breaking point, she knew how to fix things under pressure. Also, I love how she never saw Korra as a rival or anything. Also, she takes break-ups surprisingly well compared to most female characters I've seen. And she is actually a great independent character. She may not be a bender, but she knows how to take care of herself and the people she loves. She may have done a few minor mistakes in the show, but they didn't bother me at all. She's still a human, after all. 

Pinterest
14.) Samantha Borgens (Stuck in Love: Writers)
For the very first time, I've seen Lily Collins come to life. This was seriously the first time I saw her act. Her character was amazing. I don't know with you guys, but she is one of the greatest examples of a girl who received so much love and happiness, which ends up being trampled with divorce papers.
Who are your favorite characters? 

No comments :

Post a Comment